This monthly meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, February 23rd 2022 from 7:15 to 8:30 PM. The meeting will be led by Lynn Levy, Co-Team Lead, and Greg Zupan, Amateur Radio Operator/Co-Team Lead for Portland Hayhurst NET who can be reached via this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This volunteer group purpose and records can be found at http://hayhurstnet.com, in association with the www.Portlandoregon.gov/pbem/net program.
If you have any questions, please contact Team Lead Lynn Levy (email@example.com) and/or Amateur Radio Operator Greg Zupan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rollcall and check-ins including Lynn, Tricia, Irene, and Greg
- Last month’s 2/23/2022 Meeting Minutes – Portland Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team (hayhurstnet.com) have been approved by all attendees.
- Reviewed the trifold and reached agreement. Click here for details.
- Greg held meeting with Cameron confirmed consultation session with neighborhood group on Saturday, April 2, 2022 from 10am to 11 introducing Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) program in general to give everyone an understanding of how NET/CERT helps our community when the time comes, and general QnA regarding the following materials:
- PBEM PocketPrep – PDF of the PocketPrep handout &
- PocketPrep Memo – Instructions on how to use the PBEM PocketPrep handout
- A big congratulations to Irene for completing the PBEM certification training! We are very grateful to have formal new member that has been dedicated and actively involved for a long time join the team. Irene passed on some open questions from the training that we should address:
- Need address of members to help strategize locations from homes to staging area for impact assessment
- Considering the BEECN residing in Gabriel Park, we like to additionally reconsider a toolbox unit at VHUMC to centrally store critical inventory needed; for now, here’s a link to the spreadsheet noting the inventory that each member has to offer. A Google Doc Spreadsheet (click here) noting the cache of what each member owns. Maplewood has achieved getting the school to use the staging area, so it would be worth re-evaluate approaching VHUMC using some property space for storage. See action items.
- Tricia facilitated a group review of the current Hayhurst Operations Plan (click here) to identify changes needed to align it with the trifold approved above.
- Page 6: first paragraph remove. Correct the 1, 2, 2, 3 incorrect numbering. Remove the “5 person team”. Be sure to leave last sentence.
- Page 7: The Chain of Command (COC) is as follows: Go generic and leave names out of the ops plan. Take second and third paragraph out.
- Page 8: members have supply caches at their homes.
- Page 9: needs a resource list update
- Being that Alpenrose Dairy is no longer an option, we need to determine a secondary staging area for Hayhurst Neighborhood. Greg will approach the other church off Cameron to consider the possibility.
- Page 10: remove italicized material, update hours.
- Page 11: verify the contact information.
- Action Items –
- Lynn agreed to talk to the minister Bo about using space for unit, reconvene using the space for face-to-face monthly meetings, security code, etc.
- Tricia will send the trifold (click here for materials) to Kandy @ Maplewood NET.
- Greg will approach Maplewood to request a joint meeting next month to discuss May 7th April 22nd w/ to plan deployment exercise.
Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team Monthly Meeting & Events
The Hayhurst NETs meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month via a Zoom Meeting. We have partnered with Hayhurst’s southern Maplewood neighbor and periodically a SW Portland cross-neighborhood meeting will be held for collaborative planning/training efforts. Keep in mind, the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) leading the Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) program schedules Citywide Deployment Exercise (CDE) that will take priority over the following meetings scheduled, so there may be changes to this tentative schedule.
2022 – Schedule
Mar 23rd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (cross-neighborhood meeting held on Feb 22nd, schedule reverted back to normal)
Apl 27th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
May 24th or 25th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (will likely be cross-neighborhood meeting with an adjusted schedule, as needed, to plan the City-wide Deployment Exercise)
Jun 22nd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Jul 27th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Aug 24th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Sep 28th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (may be cross-neighborhood meeting with an adjusted schedule, as needed)
Oct 26th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Nov 23rd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Dec – No Meeting –