This monthly meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 23rd 2022 from 7:15 to 8:30 PM. The meeting will be led by Lynn Levy, Co-Team Lead, and Greg Zupan, Amateur Radio Operator/Co-Team Lead for Portland Hayhurst NET who can be reached via this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This volunteer group purpose and records can be found at http://hayhurstnet.com, in association with the www.Portlandoregon.gov/pbem/net program.
- Rollcall and check-ins including Lynn, Trisha, Irene, and Greg
- Last month’s 1/26/2022 Meeting Minutes – Portland Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team (hayhurstnet.com) approved.
- Maplewood provided a BCERT2NET meet and great discussing connecting via radio and who to contact to align and provide assistance. Action Item – reach out to the red team to learn new things from them. Minutes from the meeting can be found here.
- Review the Ops Plan and updated summarized trifold brochure – here’s a link to the revised material
- We discuss NET/ CERT combined meeting Tuesday, February 22 at 7 pm for the quarterly meeting. Due to the May City-Wide Deployment Exercise, Lynn and Greg decided to postpone meeting to May with Maplewood for NET Planning cross-neighborhood emergency alignment efforts (see schedule adjustments below)
- Meeting reflection/key-takeaways and closure
- Irene – Hayhurst Neighborhood Association (HNA) is discussing the current issues that we’re facing, i.e., Alpenrose Dairy changes and Renaissance, to make sure there is liaison connection between HNA and Hayhurst NET facing these changes. Movie in the park night (date likely in August) is being planned to allow Hayhurst NET ready to have a table reaching out to recruit people. We could request some forms from Glen to share with volunteer interested parties.
- Greg will follow-up with the Carmen for the Saturday, April 2, 2022 10am to 11 neighborhood meeting to introduce the following materials, Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) program in general to give everyone an understanding of how NET/CERT helps our community when the time comes, and general QnA: PBEM PocketPrep – PDF of the PocketPrep handout & PocketPrep Memo – Instructions on how to use the PBEM PocketPrep handout
Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team Monthly Meeting & Events
The Hayhurst NETs meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month via a Zoom Meeting. We have partnered with Hayhurst’s southern Maplewood neighbor and periodically a SW Portland cross-neighborhood meeting will be held for collaborative planning/training efforts. Keep in mind, the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) leading the Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) program schedules Citywide Deployment Exercise (CDE) that will take priority over the following meetings scheduled, so there may be changes to this tentative schedule.
2022 – Schedule
Mar 23rd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (cross-neighborhood meeting held on Feb 22nd, schedule reverted back to normal)
Apl 27th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
May 24th or 25th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (will likely be cross-neighborhood meeting with an adjusted schedule, as needed, to plan the City-wide Deployment Exercise)
Jun 22nd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Jul 27th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Aug 24th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Sep 28th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM (may be cross-neighborhood meeting with an adjusted schedule, as needed)
Oct 26th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Nov 23rd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Dec – No Meeting –