Hayhurst Portland NET is a non-government funded group of volunteers that help prepare the community for disasters and assist the local fire and rescue department with disaster community relief. For more information please view the PBEM site.
Our group of volunteers meets once per month for planning and participates in various other local community groups within the Hayhurst elementary school district.
Click here to sign up as a volunteer. If you’d like to learn more, we can also be reached via email email@example.com.
Ronald Hellenthal, Co-Team Leader
- Disaster Management
- Disaster Preparedness
- Emergency Ham Communications – (Call Sign KG7-LPS)
- Medical First Responder / Triage
- Structural Evaluator – Not Certified
- Disaster Trainer & Evaluator
- Haz-Woper Trainer
- Fire Fighter – Water, Chemical, Electrical, Aircraft
- Multi-Licensed with the FCC for Marine, Satellite communications
- Resource Management – Advanced
- Shipboard Damage Control Officer
- NAVOSH (Navy OHSA)
- Chemical, Biological & Radiological Warfare
- Marine Oil Spill Containment & Clean up
- Level One & Two Antiterrorism Training
- Urban Search & Rescue
Greg Zupan, Co-Team Leader
Since being Troop Leader in Boy Scouts taking the survival merit badge at Camp Baldwin, Greg Zupan has always held a fascination with preparedness. He’s provided Oregon Medical First Response and Emergency Responder within Intel Corporation from 1999 to 2012. He’s worked directly in medical healthcare non-profit providing Business Process Improvement assessments to help ease the way for technological integration within healthcare. Throughout Greg’s life his volunteerism has helped the local community within Unitarian Universalism, and he’s now been elected as the co-Team Lead for Hayhurst NET. With his Ham Radio Technical Amateur Radio Operators license (KG7LIW) he remains active Emergency Communications volunteer and leader to help rally the community in time of need. This photo was taken at the 2016 National Night Out at Alpenrose Dairy to help recruit new NET volunteers. For further professional background information about Greg Zupan, please view his profile on LinkedIn.