This monthly meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, May 25th 2022 from 7:15 to 8:30 PM. The meeting was led by Lynn Levy, Co-Team Lead, and Greg Zupan, Amateur Radio Operator/Co-Team Lead for Portland Hayhurst NET who can be reached via this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This volunteer group purpose and records can be found at http://hayhurstnet.com, in association with the www.Portlandoregon.gov/pbem/net program.
- Rollcall and check-ins (including Lynn, Tricia, Irene, and Greg)
- Irene raised the August 12th, ~5pm for National Night Out and Music in the Park, perhaps Movie Night at 9pm, with live band attending, we’ll have a table to market Hayhurst NET
- Tricia will pass on the information from a training
- Lynn approached the Vermont Hills United Methodist Church (VHUMC) minister, Bo, so we could meet at VHUMC in the future. We’ll address that again during the warmer season.
- Last month’s meeting was a co-neighborhood alignment meeting with Maplewood on April 26th from 7:00 to 8:15 PM to align for the CDE where we reviewed the trifold and reached agreement with their team also: Click here for details.
- Reflecting on the CDE experience
- Recommend considering adding zones into our Hayhurst neighborhood to help in assessing damage to the full map area.
- Need to examine addresses to determine where each member resides on the map.
- We reapproach the last group review of the current Hayhurst Operations Plan (click here) to identify changes needed to align it with the trifold approved above.
- Page 6: first paragraph remove. Correct the 1, 2, 2, 3 incorrect numbering. Remove the “5 person team”. Be sure to leave last sentence.
- Page 7: The Chain of Command (COC) is as follows: Go generic and leave names out of the ops plan. Take second and third paragraph out.
- Page 8: members have supply caches at their homes.
- Page 9: needs a resource list update
- Being that Alpenrose Dairy is no longer an option, we need to determine a secondary staging area for Hayhurst Neighborhood. Greg will approach the other church off Cameron, Hillcrest, to consider the possibility.
- Page 10: remove italicized material, update hours.
- Page 11: verify the contact information.
- Action Items –
- Lynn agreed to talk to the minister Bo about using space for unit, reconvene using the space for face-to-face monthly meetings, security code, etc.
Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team Monthly Meeting & Events
The Hayhurst NETs meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month via a Zoom Meeting. We have partnered with Hayhurst’s southern Maplewood neighbor and periodically a SW Portland cross-neighborhood meeting will be held for collaborative planning/training efforts. Keep in mind, the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) leading the Neighborhood Emergency Team (NET) program schedules Citywide Deployment Exercise (CDE) that will take priority over the following meetings scheduled, so there may be changes to this tentative schedule.
2022 – Schedule
May 25th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Jun 22nd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Jul 27th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Aug 24th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Sep 27th or 28th 2022 – 7:00 or 7:15 to 8:15 or 8:30 PM (may be cross-neighborhood meeting with an adjusted schedule to plan for the fall Citywide Deployment Exercise – October 22, 2022, Saturday, 1 – 4 pm)
Oct 26th 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Nov 23rd 2022 – 7:15 to 8:30 PM
Dec – No Meeting –