PBEM Hayhurst Net Meeting
September 18, 2019 6:45 PM-8:30 PM
Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Parlor – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland – 503-593-1253
Call to order
Kelly Reece called to order the regular meeting of the Hayhurst PNET
The following persons were Present: Kelly Reece (TL), Patricia Fryer, Lynn Levy, Greg Zupan, Randy Brown, Rob Luck, Heather Heaton.
- Trish volunteered to contact the Bridlemile TL to invite them to join the Hayhurst NET in the upcoming October exercise, details below. Greg offered to assist with chimpmail message to all members, if desired.
- Greg volunteered to contact the Wilson High School representative to determine if any students would like to shadow in the exercise. NOTE: It was decided that we highly recommend the volunteers are potential leaders that have completed the IS-100 training online. IS-100 is a three-hour free online course that will train you on the Incident Command System (ICS). ICS is the operations framework used by all emergency response organizations, including Portland NET. You can take the training at: http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b
- As currently registered CoTL for HayhurstNET within PBEM, Greg Zupan agreed to register the group for taking active part in the event.
Agenda Items Addressed
- Motion was made for the Hayhurst NET team to take part in the October functional exercise referenced below. All attending members voted in favor, thus motion passed.
- FYI, link to the prior exercise we participated in: EXERCISE: Hayhurst April 2018 NET Citywide Deployment Exercise After Action Review
- Citywide Deployment Exercise Thursday, October 17th, from 6-9pm, all Portland NET/CERT members are invited to participate in an EVENING citywide deployment exercise.
- The team agreed to instead of a tabletop exercise, a full functional drill would be most effective in developing the full team’s skillset. Roles assigned:
- Lynn – Incident Commander
- Greg – Coordinator and Amateur Radio Operator (ARO)
- Evaluator will be determined at the next meeting. Please attend to learn more.
- If interested in taking part, but have not been active for a while, everyone is welcome. Exercises are core that NET training revolves around which reinforces the understanding of how we can be best prepared.
- Preparedness training materials that is drafted for perhaps the Wilson High School program.
- Everyone agreed that the goal is to share something that that you experienced that can help emotionally connect your teachings with the audience. Multiple examples were discussed.
- We recommend everyone go out and review the draft materials through this link: https://1drv.ms/p/s!Ah-WX7SWu9lG2EtK-bDGLVQctpXs. Just make some suggestions or directly improve the content. We’d like to complete the draft slides to further convince the Wilson High School that our group could help promote stronger learning, aspirations and leadership skills within the high school’s existing curriculum.
Next meeting will be held on Oct 16, 2019 – 6:45 to 8:30 PM – Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Parlor – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland the primary agenda topic will discussing roles and responsibilities and a tabletop exercise summary.
Greg Zupan adjourned the meeting at 8:20 pm.
Minutes from 9/18/2019 meeting submitted by Greg Zupan and accessible at: https://hayhurstnet.com/2019/09/19/09-18-2019-meeting-minutes/