City of Portland Hayhurst District
Neighborhood Emergency Team
Call to Order
Greg Zupan called to order the regular meeting of the Hayhurst PNET
January 18 2017 – 06:45 to 8:30 PM – Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Shop – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland – 503-577-2821
The following parties were present: Greg Zupan, Ron Helenthal, Rob Luck, Christine Caroline, Kathy Blondell.
Approval of minutes from last meeting review was bypassed and was covered offline via email as needed.
- Rob would like to investigate getting location mapping for all member homes to Hayhurst district. Greg agreed to pass the information on.
- Potential impact of Towerway water tank falling with earthquake was discussed.
- Basic training has been schedule for February and April, of which Ron Hellenthal will be instructing. If interested in signing up go here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4cafa923a7fc1-basic5
- Ron Hellenthal is planning to attend a Wilderness Survival Training led by Howard Crawford.
- Discussion on drones being used to assess impact of area is being considered.
Agenda Items Covered
- The following inventory items were agreed to be requested from PBEM NET Program Manager. We need to request 40 General PBEM NET brochures along with three designated signs for the primary and secondary response areas. One for the VHUMC and the other two for Alpenrose, i.e., NET Team Guidelines v2 600.30 Staging Area.
WHO ACTIONS NEEDED Kathy Needs: Hayhurst NET Team Association, ID, Profile ID setup (https://www.volgistics.com/ex/syst.dll?ACT=30&KEY=54535&PW=6412013&PN=826990) Randy Needs: New ARO ID, Vest, Helmet. Greg Needs: Vest, New TL ID Ron Needs: General NET reactivation, Hayhurst NET Team Association, ID, sign up ARO certification, Not receiving calls, please add to Telephony distribution list, Profile ID setup (https://www.volgistics.com/ex/syst.dll?ACT=30&KEY=54535&PW=6412013&PN=826990) Capt Ron Needs: TL ID
- Rob made a motion to approve the following 2017 Goals which Kathy seconded, all attendees were in favor:
- PBEM approval and publication of the Hayhurst Operations Plan with a Primary (Alpenrose Dairy) and Secondary (VHUMC) Staging Area.
- Get to know the new secondary staging area (VHUMC) and staff/congregants
- Actively recruit Hayhurst NET members, SUVs, and inform Hayhurst residents of Map Your Neighborhood
- Take active part in a full PBEM or multi-NET coordinated drill applying NET Training, Hayhurst NET Ops Plan and team’s general skills
- Team visit to Nearest Fire Station
- Portland Fire & Rescue – Station 05 – Hillsdale 1505 SW Dewitt Street Portland, Oregon 97201
- Portland Fire & Rescue – Station 18 – Multnomah Village 8720 SW 30th / SW Dolph Ct. (Cross Street) Portland, Oregon 97219
- External Event Involvement
- Attending Hayhurst Neighborhood Association’s meetings
- Attended the National Night Out event with a table for recruiting
- Group volunteer for the Alpenrose Dairy Christmas in Dairyville event
- Next meeting will be held on March 15th 2017 – 06:45 to 8:30 PM – Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Parlor – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland – 503-577-2821. The primary agenda topics of discussion will be recruiting and inventory.
Greg Zupan adjourned the meeting at 8:30 pm.
Minutes from 1/18/2017 meeting submitted by Greg Zupan and accessible at https://hayhurstnet.com/2017/01/19/1182017-meeting-minutes/.
2 thoughts on “1/18/2017 Meeting Minutes”
So we’re back to having Alpenrose be the primary staging area?
Yes, Alpenrose will remain primary per Ron’s decision. His reasoning is that doing that shows respect to the Tracy and her company to continue promoting a trusting relationship we’re trying to maintain. Randy, Feedback on that decision is welcome.