City of Portland Hayhurst District
Neighborhood Emergency Team
Call to Order
Ron Hellenthal called to order the regular meeting of the Hayhurst PNET
May 11 2016 – 06:45 to 8:30 PM – Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Parlor – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland – 503-577-2821
The following parties were present: Ron, Greg, Mimi.
Approval of minutes from last meeting review was bypassed and is covered offline via email as needed.
Agenda Items Covered
- Schedule – Motion was made by Ron, seconded and voted all in favor of shift to alternating monthly meetings. The next meeting will be June, August and then October, etc.
- Discussion was held reviewing the sites that could be utilized as the primary and secondary staging area for Hayhurst NET. – Gabriel Park was removed as primary. Alpenrose was select as replacement. Approval is needed by Tracey before moving forward with this formal change and updating the Ops Plan. The lot next to Hayhurst School will be secondary. Following approval and Ops Plan changes, Ron will approach PBEM with the draft Hayhurst Ops Plan for final approval.
- The question of how can we expand the team size for Hayhurst NET and increase the number of active members? Mimi volunteered to write up an communication to the current contact listing including a Poll to help promote greater attendance within the team meetings. To view message click here: Your Hayhurst Neighborhood Emergency Team needs your input
- Heads up, all Portland bridges are expected to fail following Cascadia Subduction event, so be prepared to swim across the Willamette, or plan accordingly.
- All internal Hayhurst NET training will be on hold, however mentoring for Basic is available, or volunteering as an “evaluator” to assist in upcoming PBEM NET basic training.
- Outreach Training Session Planning Update: Alpenrose administrative management have approved the Theater for Tuesday, May 24th. A reheresal will be held the day before on May 23rd. FYI: Materials used will be similar to last event content included below. Fees will not be required for the event, however donations will be highly recommend to help further strengthen Hayhurst community preparedness. An outside medical speaker will be invited to present. Here are links to the material planned for the outreach event: Preparedness Documentation & Preparedness Presentation Another similar outreach event is tentatively scheduled for September. It was decided that the number of interested applicants received from this event will help determine if September will be held or not.
- It was decided we need to standardize communications tools for multiple parties being able to provide administrative services. Tools under consideration: mailchimp.com, wordpress.com, GoFundMe.com, Eventbrite.com, Gmail.com
- Next meeting will be held on June 8th 2016 – 06:45 to 8:30 PM – Alpenrose Dairy – Ice Cream Parlor – 6149 SW Shattuck Rd. Portland – 503-577-2821. The primary agenda topic will continue planning for outreach and discussing advertising.
Ron Hellenthal adjourned the meeting at 8:15 pm.
Minutes from 5/11/2016 meeting submitted by Greg Zupan and accessible at https://hayhurstnet.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/5112016-meeting-minutes.